Sunday, January 22, 2012

As we sang in church this morning, I reflected on how David Samuel was with us two weeks ago today, alive and present in the womb as we worshiped God together. We even made a video of ourselves on the way to church, not knowing that day would be the last time we all worshiped together on earth. Today, I imagined David singing with the angels in heaven as we sang on earth below.

Yesterday, as I looked at David's pictures. I was flooded with the "peace that passes understanding" to which the Scriptures refer. I could feel the prayers...I also was keenly aware that the Lord was impressing upon my mind and soul that David is happy. No, I didn't hear an audible voice, but the sure, still small voice of the Holy Spirit, letting me know over and over that David is happy...what peace came as the surety of that thought filled my heart and mind with peace....


"We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.... And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."-- Romans 8:22-28

1 comment:

  1. Yes Heather I can relate. I remember back to when Moira first passed away, I would be sitting there and I would think--"this time yesterday I was nursing her" or "this time yesterday I was rocking her" it gets better with time, and I daily take comfort in knowing I will see her again in God's Garden of eternal life.

    ReplyDelete