Tuesday, April 17, 2012

David,
It has been three months and 8 days since you flew away. Your basinette still sits empty of you, but full of all of your big sister's baby blankets that she wanted to wrap you in. How I wish I could hold you again. I don't know why you had to go, but know that I miss you so. I loved you from the moment I knew you were inside me. I will never stop loving you. You are irreplaceable. You are loved and missed, achingly so.

The moment I packed you in the little blue infant carrier and handed your earthly body over, never to see you again in this life, was the most painful and sorrowful thing I have ever experienced...I never knew life could be full of such unending pain. I am glad you will never know such pain. You must have asked Jesus to send me an angel to hold me up.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I know David asked his Heavenly Father to help you and so did a whole host of other folks. I would always envision you and your family sitting around a bright light looking into it fixated on what we know not, and right behid you in the left arm of an Angel of the Lord was your earthly David and with the Angel's hauntingly lovely right wing, HE enveloped you and your family in God's loving grace.

    ReplyDelete